Vintage & Fashion news, pretty vintage items and of course wee bit personal life style ramblings of an eleven year on line vintage clothing seller, avid fashion, antique and vintage lover

Friday, October 7, 2011

Caroline Kennedy My Hero AND in Vintage



Caroline Kennedy was on Letterman last night, promoting her new book "Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life With John F. Kennedy." As always, she was elegant, charming and gracious with a hint of teasing, the fun sense of humor of her personality revealed.




Like most Americans, I have a fascination with the entire John F. Kennedy family. I admired President Kennedy, adored and was in awe of Jackie during my teen years, and of course was in love with "John-John" as he grew up to be the most handsome man.

Now, as the last of the Kennedy family, I admire Caroline. She continues the family legacy of giving to her country. As an attorney, writer, and editor, she serves on the boards of many non-profit organizations, even working for the New York Department of Education for a salary of $1. She is very much like her mother.

Recently searching for "grief of loss of a child" I came across this site -

The Womens Conference 2009
. A symposium on grief, hosted by Maria Shriver, that also included Caroline Kennedy and Lisa Niemi, as well as Elizabeth Edwards and Susan St. James who spoke of loosing a child.

In my own despair, I immediately respected Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg even more. I cannot even imagine the pain of not only loosing her father, but her mother of a long horrible battle with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, but her only brother suddenly and tragically. Yet, she still holds her head up, and reaches out to help others.

Caroline has been married to Edwin Schlossberg since 1986, has three children is aging gracefully, and embracing it. She has no botox, no plastic surgery; again a wonderful example to other women to accept and love themselves as they are. She is absolutely beautiful.



As for the Jacket she wore on Letterman? Its the same one her mother wore in 1964 in this picture with Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.




Not just a beautiful jacket.. that actually belonged to Jackie who wore it in 1964, now treasured by her daughter. Another way of honoring her mother. A legacy continues. I'm sure Jackie would be very proud of her daughter.



Vintagepretties

2 comments:

  1. I was 15 when the President was assassinated and virtually grew up with Caroline. I have admired her for her courage and grace. I have been greatly interested in the the recently released recordings of her mother. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading my blog, and I couldn't agree more, Caroline does posess much courage and grace. The recordings do seem amazing. To hear Jackie's voice !
    thanks again!
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete