Vintage & Fashion news, pretty vintage items and of course wee bit personal life style ramblings of an eleven year on line vintage clothing seller, avid fashion, antique and vintage lover

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hats, hats and more hats ~ Vintage of course!

Hats are darling. There is a shape for everyone, a style to flatter any face. Yet.. rarely do we wear them! Of course in winter to keep warm, or in summer to keep the sun out of our eyes working in the garden. and those who i admire but consider self assured to wear them on a daily basis, no matter the weather.

Remember when it was mandatory to cover your head in church? I fondly remember hats every Easter.. and the tradition of all the kids getting new Easter Bonnets annually. Evidence below.. i'm the tall one standing in back, surrounded by my sisters and cousins, circa 1960.






Mom always wore her little pill box hats. My favorite were always picture hats.. great big brim that were so dramatic and i owned quite a few, proudly wearing them!

Then came the pretty little net whimseys that did the job.. covered our head without the bulk of a hat. Cute and trendy for teens in the 60s and 70s.

This week's theme on another blog (Reflections of Vintage) i participate in is "hats".. so the mad race was on! get those hats listed, so i can be included in the blog. Out comes the huge rubbermaid tote full of hats. So many, and most i had completely forgotten about.

There were even some my dear friend from kindergarten found at a Michigan estate sale and shipped to me. Some from my "designer upscale lady estate" in Dallas.. others i had picked up individually along the way with the intent of wearing.. instead they all went into the tote.

I've only made a small dent in it.. but i needed the incentive, glad i got it, and am really enjoying them, a nice switch from clothing! They are listed here:

http://vintageoutlet.ecrater.com/c/1184967/hats-ladies-vintage

but keep checking back.. i'm still plodding along! :D








1 comment:

  1. I can remember wearing hats in My late teens ok 18-19 right after High School My friend Linda and I would go to a bar with our sassy Hat on and feel like we were that and then some. What fun we had with the hats. We thought thay were really cool, and you know what they were, I still have 1 of them.

    ReplyDelete