Vintage & Fashion news, pretty vintage items and of course wee bit personal life style ramblings of an eleven year on line vintage clothing seller, avid fashion, antique and vintage lover

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Years Resolution in June?

i realized this morning i had started a blog. Took a huge amount of searching, recovering passwords, finding the "correct" email associated with it, and accessing it. Sure did! found it. lol..

and i am embarassed, yet its kind of funny. my last and only post was 2 years ago. i think i got side tracked?

Did i get to busy to blog??? Why, I'm an "empty nester" now! My last daughter left for college ten years ago. There are no more responsibilities of the children. Sure, i still have the house. a wonderful neighbor does my much smaller lawn. the daily responsibilites now are much less.

So how on earth could i forget i started a blog and there are masses out there waiting to read my every word.. REALLY lol now!


when the kids left, and i found myself working from home i was organized. i had goals. i would discipline myself to take pictures of minimum 10 new items a week, and list them on my "secret" nights on ebay when i thought my items would get the most attention.

then ebay ended. i set up selling sites on other venues. there was no longer the need to list at certain times ~ i could list during the day or the middle of the night! it was wonderful. i loved my new found freedom, but missed the regular sales of course. It is WAY more difficult to promote items on a web site verses the international exposure of a site like ebay.

i started a blog. did twitter and facebook. the social media thing. Facebook is fun..its not a chore and has not been neglected in two years. I have found friends i havent seen since kindergarten ~ in fact, 6 of us from elementary school had lunch together in Mich a few months back.. it was like we had just seen each other yesterday, not 30 years ago.. too fun! I'm in the middle with the black print shirt.




i digress..anyway.. this social media thing on line is fun. Since i have limited computer skills, my daughter the college grad started a face book fan page for me..


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Worth-TX/Vintage-Pretties-Ruby-Lane/32988219942?ajaxpipe=1&__a=4 (yes.. i'd love you as a fan, or a "like"..)

and since i love to write, i can't imagine how i could forget my blog!

So even though its June, and its unconventional, i'm making a new years resolution. i am now going to post a new blog (realistically) once a week; although i'm shooting for more.

i am going to keep up with my social media projects. Twitter regularly as well as the Vintage Pretties Fan page.. (the personal face book is already a daily routine, lol)

i am going to list at least 5 new things a week, and start getting this overwhelming inventory of racks and racks and totes of vintage inventory, both women's and mens; boxes of hats and shoes and even tons of estate jewelry out of my house.

Just because i don't "have" to do things.. i should.. and i really want to! And if i commit to it like this, why i'll just have to do it, won't i??

let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment